Friday, November 13, 2009

How to Break a Fall



Each year I grumble a bit about the lack of color Fall brings to Tallahassee. Last year I took a trip to Boston to see colors reserved exclusively for magazine covers and the rest of the country. The supernatural leaves exceeded my expectations and led to further grumbling upon my return to Florida.

Yesterday I spent some time riding in the woods searching for a reason to take my camera out. While editing photos I finally realized that Fall in North Florida is superior to a northeastern Fall. Brilliant green leaves, bright yellow birds plus plenty of colorful berries and flowers. What really makes Florida colors the best around is that they morph all winter with fresh wild flowers sprinkled on top every few days.

The brief flash of warm colors in the northeast are a signal that your time outside is over so you better bust out a parka, snow shovel and TV guide. If the leaves changed colors here it would be a sign that blood sucking critters are gone and all of your time should be spent outside.

You folks in the north can keep your pretty leaves; I’ll buy the magazine when it comes out.

3 comments:

  1. The beauty of this area is subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh grumble, grumbal, everything sucks, negative energy, somewhere else is cooler than here, grumble! BASTARD!!!

    ReplyDelete