Sunday, November 15, 2009

Giddy Up


There’s lots of things I’ve never seen in the Apalachicola National Forrest; an ivory billed woodpecker, alien spacecraft and pretty women are on the list. Jimbo led Silk and I on long swift dirt road ride through the forest today. The route passed the usual selection of wildlife, mobile meth labs and sand. Early on the ride we crossed paths with a couple cowboys guiding their horses down a dirt road somewhere between a swamp and pine trees. As expected the horses were spooked by our bikes so we pulled over to let them pass. The friendly riders mentioned their horses had never seen bikes before and thanked us for stopping. With a strait face the locals headed on their way telling us the cause of their horses alarm was seeing us with turtles on our heads.

I wonder what the next thing I’ve never seen will be?

3 comments:

  1. HWB, I distinctly remember you whipping me on a section of the Cadillac, you were gliding over the roots and taking lines I'd never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote the cowboy speaking to his horse. "It's ok girl. I know. You've never seen anybody with turtles on their head".

    ReplyDelete