Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Share your theme song with the world.



Bust out your favorite mix tape and listen up.

Zombies controlled by white wires snaked through their ear holes have invaded the trails. The antisocial bubbles bouncing through the single track are missing out on half of the trail experience. Why tune out when they could listen to chirping birds, foraging critters and my ringing bell signaling to get the the hell out of my way?

I'm not a big fan humans so I'm a prime candidate for cramming itty-bity speakers in my ears, but that's big reason I head to the woods. For the folks who want the complete aural package it's time to take a lesson from the streets and our forefathers who performed the worm and head spins. The only way to get the sounds of nature and Run-DMC is to strap a ghetto blaster to your bike and start a rolling block party. Leave the ipod at home and share your theme song with the world. If you get whipped by your friends on a group ride, challenge them to a dance off at the next water stop to regain your honor.

4 comments:

  1. When I was about 12 I completed a March-of-Dimes walk-a-thon at Highlands Hammock State park carrying a boombox that took 12 D batteries on my shoulder. I had one tape- ACDC- For Those about to Rock We Salute You.

    Yes, I kept the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 D cells, aren't there laws protecting our children from that much power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear wrestling is another way to even things up.

    It's tricky to ride around to ride around right on time.... its tricky

    ReplyDelete
  4. That may be the funniest thing I've seen you write, Mingo!

    Rama - All I can see is Silk running around with his boom box and break dance kit, going all Electric Boogaloo!

    ReplyDelete