Friday, November 20, 2009

Yellow is The New Black




There’s a debate brewing about which sprint signs are legal for earning points. Often the losing party disagrees with the excessive number of sprint points I acquire during cross rides. UCI states that stop ahead, county line and state line signs are the only sanctioned sprint locations. However section 24, article 7b, line 3 states that a race director may designate his or her own sprint locations with any preexisting yellow along the course. That translates to, “I can call the shots.” I’ve put on a race before therefore I've been a race director and I see no reason why that title will ever be stripped of me. 



Remember the 627 yellow reflectors on the road I beat you to, they count. The tiny stripe of yellow on a for sale sign, and yes the florescent yellow chewing gum stuck to the road counts to.

Let me know when you are ready to play fair.

1 comment:

  1. I can remember Phil counting every yellow direction arrow sign in a dangerous curve as points. We've even sprinted for Big Tony's yellow helmet when the signs were sparse!

    ReplyDelete