Thursday, December 3, 2009

What are you hungry for?



I’ve never taken much pleasure from food, it’s one of the many reasons I don't relate well with my fellow humans. As a child I wanted to live off of an intravenous drip and not bothered with meal time (this explains my love of Gu packs). Can you imagine restaurants and food shows if everyone was like me? There would be breakfast drips, snack drips and my favorite the vodka and tonic drip. I would never bonk again if my camel back was intravenous, if I saw a long hill ahead of me I would dial up the flow to 11.

There have been times I’ve eaten something so wonderful that all I could do was grunt sounds of satisfaction, I remember those 3 meals and I doubt it will happen again anytime soon. My consistently satisfying intravenous drip would sure beat what scavengers and the average American eat for dinner. I wonder if vultures have a preferred state of decay when eating carrion, are they disappointed when road kill is too fresh? Does a properly decomposed alligator offer the same stroke of luck as a fat guy catching the hot doughnut sign lit up?

4 comments:

  1. I'm too full to be hungry, having just feasted on some of that fine 'merican filth over at 5 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking at that pic of the reptile and thinking: This is what happens when the guy leading doesn't yell..."VINE!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know its not sunbathing. Clearly it needs a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless the giant lizard ate a hooker before his nap, he was as dead as face down floater could be. I dry heaved for 10 minutes after taking the photo then begged someone to grab my bike because I was too nauseous to retrieve it myself.

    ReplyDelete